Household Efficiency Resources
Take control of your energy consumption and save money with these resources on household energy efficiency.
As an energy consumer, you have many options for reducing your energy usage. And many of these solutions can be easy and quick to implement and provide financial savings. To find ways that you can reduce energy consumption, decrease your impact on the environment, and realize cost savings, visit these informative websites.
- Energy saving tips from the U.S. Department of Energy – Discover ways you can save energy. Information addresses appliances and electronics, lighting, insulation, windows, landscaping, heating and cooling, and water heating.
- Energy Savers Blog – Learn about energy efficiency, renewable technologies, and energy saving tips from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- ENERGY STAR – Whether you're looking for new appliances, home improvements, or even a new home, consult this site for tools and resources to help you make energy-efficient choices.
- Home Energy Saver™ – This Internet-based tool helps homeowners determine their home's carbon footprint and recommends energy-saving upgrades.
- Greenerchoices.com – Find in-depth information on environmentally friendly products and practices – including energy efficiency, renewable energy, and fuel savings – from Consumer Reports.